History & Background
Teamtheme’s UK activities commenced in 1993. Born in Poole, Dorset, a brainchild of Blackburn lad and current Managing Director Paul Littlefair, Teamtheme started out as a sports tours and tournaments company for adults who ‘played away’ for the weekend in regular tournaments across the UK, France, Spain, Portugal and Barbados.
Our first ever tour was to take the full first team squads of Queens Park Rangers and Aston Villa across to Barbados for their end of season tour/holiday.
Teamtheme Weekenders became legendary and synonymous with having a great time away for the weekend, clubbing and of course playing football!
- To read an article about the weekenders, which appeared in Total Football Magazine, click here (PDF – 2.12 mb)*.
- To read an article about the weekenders, which appeared in 90 Minutes Magazine, click here (PDF – 410 kb)*.
Favourite destinations for the lads were Edinburgh, Bournemouth, Manchester, Liverpool, Dublin, Blackpool, Newcastle and Nottingham.
When England hosted Euro 96, the City of Sheffield and Teamtheme hosted 5 a side Euro 96. A tremendous success, each team had representatives of players from their relevant nation in full National kit supplied by Teamtheme. The event was even covered by SKY Sports.
To read an article about Euro 96, which appeared in Goal Magazine, click here (PDF – 220 kb)*.
All Teamtheme die hards will be interested to read the roll of honour which details all weekender winners from original tournament champions Arsenal, through to current reigning champions Chiswell of London. Even plucky Leyland Red Rose got a win in August 1997.
Teamtheme Weekenders ended for now in November 2001 as we focussed fully on children’s football coaching and Youth Development.
In October 2001, the first ball was kicked on a Teamtheme After School Football Course. Director of Coaching Kevin Houghton was backed by The Prince’s Trust in setting up this new side of Teamtheme’s business and kicked off in Lancashire at his old Primary School, Leyland Methodist Junior & Infant Schools. Having only forecast for about 16 children to attend the sessions each week, Kev was overjoyed with the response – a massive 72 players on his first course.
Sticking to a Football Club theme and feel, in July 2002, we formed our Limited Company, AFC Teamtheme. For more information on how you can join the company, see our other website www.footiecoaching.biz.
Teamtheme aims to paint every village, town, city and county blue and white and we currently have academies active all over the UK, regularly coaching 1000’s of children in 100’s of schools nationwide. See our events section for details of courses near you.
We also aim to coach within every school in the UK, regardless of location, pupils on roll, size of school or whether there is playground or grass.
Any boy or girl who is interested in having fun whilst also learning and playing football should attend a Teamtheme Course.
Any School wishing to employ our FREE services can do so now by phoning our Head Office on 0845 2042 442. Alternatively, you can e-mail email@example.com
- Specialist Providers Of Pre, In & After School Sports Education Services, Established In 1993.
- PPA, After School & School Holidays.
- National Network, Regional Offices.
- 100’s Of Schools, 1000’s Of Players.
- Minimum Cover Of £2million For Public & Personal Liability.
- Qualified & Experienced Coaches.
- F.A. and Company Trained.
- Courses Regularly Audited / Assessed.
- Continual Support For Your School.
- Registered Body For CRB Disclosure.
- Supported By The Prince’s Trust.
- In Support Of BBC Children In Need.
- Coaches Accepted To The PAtT.
- Official Links To Premiership & Football League Clubs.